Google+

Monday, August 1, 2011

Skim, 32/100

Why do I keep reading things set in the early 90s?

I swear I'm not consciously doing it.

Finished Mariko and Jillian Tamaki's graphic novel Skim, which was my bookstore find I mentioned the other day. A gorgeous gorgeous book.

Here's what it's about, in bullet point format, because it's too hot for complete sentences today:

  • A bi-racial girl
  • Cliques
  • Suicide
  • Homosexuality
  • Wicca
  • Friendship
  • Cool English teachers
  • Stuff
  • Things
I don't know. It's just good, okay? Read it already.

Maybe book blogging isn't the right path for me. Can't I just live-tweet while I'm reading? I would have absolutely no followers but it'd be fun as hell.

Here's one part that made me laugh. And also makes me think of Daria.

No comments:

Post a Comment